January 15, 2010

Weigh In & Background Info

So I've been meaning to post an update about my first weigh in, and give a little bit of an explanation on how the diet works.  It's pretty simple really, almost too simple.  But I really wanted something that was easy to follow and didn't require any additional thought.

Currently I'm set at 1120 calories a day.  Which is so very little.  To put that in perspective, a 5 Guys Bacon Cheeseburger with Ketchup and Mayo is also 1120 calories.   So I could just buy one, cut it into 7 pieces and eat it throughout the day as well.  Good chance that wouldn't really satisfy me. 

I have a list of "foods" that I can choose from, the vast majority are "shakes", there are also bars and two kinds of soup.  Some of the shakes are premade and come in what looks like a new age drink box you had as a kid, with the straw attached to the outside.  Others are in a plastic bottle, with powder in, that you just add water to.  Both aren't too bad, the one you add water too can also be made into a pudding or a sorbet.

So I have to have at least 4 shakes a day, the other 3 slots I can have either another shake, a soup, or a bar.  Because I like variety, I go for the 4 minimum, with 2 bars and a soup usually.  Which isn't too bad.  The food is all designed to be high in protein, low in fat, and to elevate my metabolism, it's also all exactly 160 calories.  160 x 7 = 1120

I go to my doctor (primary care physician) and I weigh in every week, we discuss the previous week and make sure I am doing alright, and that I'm healthy and not doing anything dangerous.  The first weigh in is shown below.  Take a look, I'm going to be as open as possible, so that if I cheat you can all be on my case, and if I kick ass, you can cheer me on!  ;-)

Weight: 283.5 lbs
Total Fat % : 33.6%
Total Body Water %: 47.5%

Stay tuned for next Tuesday where I will weigh in again, and I'll let you know how much I've lost! 

No comments:

Post a Comment